- is guilty of unsporting behaviour
- shows dissent by word or action
- persistently infringes the Laws of the Game
- delays the restart of play
- fails to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick or free kick
- enters or re-enters the field of play without the referee's permission
- deliberately leaves the field of play without the referee's permission.
If a player receives two yellow cards in a match, he is given a red card and ordered to leave the field.
Also Known As: Caution.